So, Saturdays are the "long run" days according to the marathon plan I'm following. I was scheduled to run 8 miles last Saturday, so Jodi and I decided to see what it would be like to drive to Logan (about 40 minutes away) and see what the last 8 miles of our marathon course would be like. We took two cars so that we could park one of them at the end of the marathon and then drive up 8 miles from there. That was the plan...
We drove to the marathon's end in a nice park area a couple of blocks east of Logan's Main Street. We parked Jodi's car there and mapped-out where we'd need to drive to be 8 miles up the course. It was a little tricky, but we figured it out. We parked my car, I pocketed my key and grabbed my 72-ounce "Camelbak," and we started our run. It wasn't too difficult of a run, especially considering the course elevation map's supposed "hilliness" during the last 8 miles. By the time we were running the last 2 miles, we were tired but overall feeling quite good. We were approaching the last block of the run when I turned to Jodi and asked, "You have your keys, right?" Jodi just looked at me with wide eyes for a moment and then said, "Ohhhhh...what the heck?! I'm an idiot!" You can guess how the rest went down... You bet. :)
As my Mom says, "What doesn't kill you, makes you wish you were dead." So true, Mom. So true.
We (obviously) survived the extra miles in the heat, but it was definitely a much-longer-than-planned training session! I love my sister.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is hillarious and sounds a little familiar but at least you got 16 miles in! You are going to be a tiny little runner when I get back and I will be a chunky little tan girl. I have run a grand total of 3 times since I´ve been here. I´m a slacker! But we are getting up every day about 5:30 and getting to bed at who knows what time. not a great excuse but there you have it. Either way I need to setp it into gear so I can be semi ready to run with you when I get back. Too many Pupusas!!
ReplyDeleteLove to read your blog! Thanks for telling your stories. I'm sure you're going to do great on the Marathon (you still might eat Jake's dust!)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Cami